Monday, October 31

Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds


I've always loved Halloween. Not only do I enjoy dressing in costume (this year I'm going as Black Swan), but I also love decorating the house. Last week, my boyfriend and I went to the local pumpkin patch and each carved our own jack-o-lantern. It's messy fun, and the best part is taking out the seeds and roasting them. This year I tossed them with olive oil, salt, and roasted garlic seasoning before putting them in the oven. They're a great snack and such a fun way to enjoy Halloween.

Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds:
  • Remove the seeds from two medium-large pumpkins.
  • Rinse off any clinging pulp* and pat them dry.
  • Toss the seeds with 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. roasted garlic seasoning,** and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
  • Place the seeds on a baking sheet and roast in a 375°F oven for 12 minutes, tossing occasionally.
  • Let cool and serve.

Makes 3 cups***
*I like to let my seeds soak in cold water overnight so that all the pulp comes loose.
**Or any seasoning blend you like best.
***Varies based on pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment