This summery salad will have you dreaming of an Italian vacation
My friend’s family owns and operates an amazing farm that sells fruit at the farmer’s markets in L.A. and Santa Barbara. I previously featured their apples here, but their summer stone fruits are also incredible. She dropped off a ton of peaches and plums for us last week and I put them to work in breakfasts, desserts, and this salad, which is based off something I had at Gjelina last summer. The peaches caramelize and intensify on the grill and are a great pairing with the salty prosciutto, peppery arugula, and creamy cheese. It's a vibrant taste of summer that's great for sharing as an appetizer or side dish, or on its own as a light meal.
More Peach Recipes:
- Grilled Pork Chops & Peaches
- Easy Peach Tart
- Grilled Peach & Blue Cheese Salad
Grilled Peach, Burrata, & Prosciutto Salad:
- Slice 3-4 peaches into wedges and lightly brush with canola oil.
- Cook peaches on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes a side, or until they are caramelized but still hold their shape.
- Arrange peaches on a platter and rip apart a large ball of burrata cheese and arrange among the peaches.
- Top the salad with 4-5 thin slices of prosciutto and sprinkle with 1 1/2 c. wild arugula.
- Season salad with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Serves two (main course)
Serves four (appetizer or side dish)