Celebrate our country with classic American comfort food and fresh summer recipes
The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays of the year. We always go up to Lake Sylvan, Minnesota, to spend time with my husband's side of the family. It's a trip that we look forward to every year and one of our favorite places to visit. Our days are spent boating, swimming, eating, drinking, and relaxing. I love coming in from a long day in the sun to sit around the table with the family for a good meal, followed by a friendly game of cards or dice. My husband and I are in charge of dinner one night and are going to grill up a bunch of steaks with homemade steak sauce and a big dish of mac and cheese. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate America and have suggested some additional recipes below to make your celebration just as special.
P.S. Follow my Pinterest board for even more ideas!
Fourth of July Recipes:
- Grilled Beer Brats - Classic beer-braised brats are finished on a hot grill and served on toasted buns with sautéed peppers and onions and the condiments of your choice.
- Herbed Potato Salad - This mayo-free version is light and tangy with a ton of fresh greens herbs.
- BBQ Tri Tip Sandwiches - Grill up a big piece of tri tip over the weekend and turn leftovers into delicious BBQ sandwiches the next day.
- Homemade Lemonade - The perfect drink to quench your thirst from a hot day in the sun. Kids will love it, and adults will love it if you put booze in it.
- Nectarine & Blackberry Pie - A free-form galette that showcases all the best summer fruits. Serve it with vanilla ice cream.