It's nearly summer here in L.A. and we've been firing up the grill at our house. These wings are the perfect thing for a casual dinner on a warm evening or for a backyard barbecue. Dump all the ingredients for the marinade in a bag, add in the chicken, and forget about them. When you're ready to eat, just toss them on the grill until they get nice and charred and then pile them onto a platter. The sticky spicy-sweet sauce turns into a light glaze on the wings and adds tons of flavor. They'll be a huge hit with all your family and friends.
Grilled Honey-Lime-Sriracha Wings:
- Whisk together the juice of 2 limes, 4 tbsp. Sriracha hot sauce, 3 tbsp. honey, 3 tbsp. canola oil, and 2 minced garlic cloves in a bowl.
- Season 1 1/2 lb. chicken wings* with salt and place in a large resealable bag.
- Pour in the marinade and massage into the wings. Seal the bag, squeezing out any excess air.
- Marinate wings in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before you're ready to cook, heat your grill to high and take the wings out of the fridge.
- Grill wings for 7-8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes, or until charred in some places and cooked through.
- Let rest for a few minutes, then dig in.
Serves two (entree)
Serves four (appetizer)
*I like to use the drummettes only since they have more meat.