Thursday, November 17

Apple, Blue Cheese, & Pecan Salad


My friend's family owns Fair Hills Apple Farm and sells some of the juiciest, sweetest apples I've ever had. I got a chance to visit her in Santa Barbara last weekend, and her mom gifted me with a ton of Fuji apples (my favorite variety) when we visited her at the farmer's market. This is one of my favorite fall salads and it's a perfect way to showcase the raw apples (although the apple pie I made was pretty tasty too). It's just as easy to make as a simple dinner salad but seems fancy, so it's the perfect dish to serve at a dinner party or bring to a potluck. There are just a few ingredients, so it really helps to use delicious apples and high-quality blue cheese.

Apple, Blue Cheese, & Pecan Salad:
For Dressing
  • Whisk together 1 tsp. mustard, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar.
  • Slowly whisk in 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
For Salad
  • Combine 1 package of washed arugula,* 1/4 c. toasted pecans, 1/3 c. blue cheese crumbles, and 2 thinly sliced apples.
  • Toss with dressing and serve immediately.

Serves three - four (first course)
*Can substitute baby spinach or mixed greens.


No comments:

Post a Comment