Thursday, November 3

Bourbon-Spiked Apple Cider


Ever since I was a child, I've loved hot apple cider. It wasn't something we had very often, but around the holidays my mom would simmer a pot of cider on the stove and the whole house would smell sweet and spicy. I still love the drink as an adult, and it's even better with a little booze in it. It's the perfect thing to keep on your back burner during a cold, lazy Saturday afternoon or when having guests over for a cocktail party. I guarantee that your holidays will be a whole lot merrier after a few of these drinks!

Bourbon-Spiked Mulled Apple Cider:
  • Place 3 tbsp. of mulling spices* in a tea infuser.**
  • Pour 1 1/2 quarts of unfiltered apple cider into a pot and add in the infuser.
  • Let the cider simmer over low-heat for 30 minutes.
  • Ladle cider into mugs, then stir in 1 1/2 oz. of bourbon*** into each cup.
  • Serve immediately.

Serves six
*I like Williams-Sonoma mulling spices. Or create your own using cinnamon stick, whole cloves, allspice berries, and orange peel.
**Or wrap the spices in a piece of cheesecloth.
***If you're not a fan of bourbon, try adding rum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment