Monday, November 14

Weekend Review: Santa Barbara

Chorizo Quesadillas, Guacamole, Chicken Tacos, Poblano-Onion-Cheese Melt, & Salsa at La Super Rica

For a brief period in my childhood I lived in Santa Barbara, CA, and it's still one of my favorite cities in the whole world. I usually make a trip up there a couple times a year and always make sure to visit a few of my favorite restaurants. I went up this past weekend to visit one of my college roommates who recently moved there and had so much fun showing her some of my favorite haunts and discovering some of hers. First up was La Super Rica, which is home to the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. It's been a family-run operation for several decades (you can see the grandmother making homemade tortillas in the front window), was one of Julia Child's favorite restaurants, and features authentic no-frill Mexican food. For dinner, she took me to Olio Pizzeria and we felt like we were transported back to Italy with their thin-crust pizzas and lively ambiance. I was sad to leave, but can't wait to come back and visit again soon.

Smoked Mozarella, Sausage, & Onion Pizza at Olio Pizzeria
Chicken, Onion, Pepper, & Mushroom Fajitas at La Super Rica
Chopped Salad at Olio Pizzeria

3 comments:

  1. I need to go back to all these places now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad look amazingly delish - what kind of dressing is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stacey: Yes, yes we do.
    @Maritha: I think it was a red wine vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete