Wednesday, February 15

Beet, Burrata, & Arugula Salad

Sweet beets and creamy burrata cheese make an all-star salad





I never thought I’d say this, but it’s possible that brie has fallen from the number one slot for my all-time favorite cheese. In its place? Burrata. I love this cheese so much that I’ll pretty much order anything on a menu that features it, but at home I like to feature it very simply. Some roasted beets, a handful of arugula, and a drizzle of balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil are all the ingredients I need to have a totally satisfying dish. I served this as a first course for a low-key weeknight Valentine’s dinner, but add some bread and this would make a delicious lunch or light supper. If it's warm out, tried this similar grilled kale, beet, and burrata salad.
Beet, Burrata, & Arugula Salad:
  • Slice the tops off a bunch of beets and then wrap each one individually in tin foil.
  • Roast beets in a 400°F oven for 40-60 minutes, or until tender.*
  • Let beets cool completely, then use your fingers to run off the outer skin. Cut beets in bite-size pieces.
  • Arrange beets on a plate with 4 oz. of burrata cheese and a handful of wild arugula.
  • Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.


Serves two - four
*Beet cooking time varies on size of beets. This whole thing can be done the night before and then refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment