Friday, February 17

Duck Hash


Although I'm always trying out new restaurants and making new dishes at home, I can't stop eating at certain places over and over again. One of those places is Huckleberry (featured here and here), where my boyfriend and I have weekend brunch at least a couple times a month. I have a few favorites on the menu, but my boyfriend almost always orders the duck hash. Chocked full of potatoes, onions, kale, and duck, it's the type of meal that you can eat for brunch and stay full until dinner. Their execution is flawless, but I have to say that my attempt at recreating it is pretty spot on. And as an added bonus, I can eat it at home and in my PJs rather than standing in the long line of fellow Huckleberry fanatics that congregate their every weekend.


Duck Hash with Potatoes, Onions, & Kale:
  • Melt 1 tbsp. duck fat* in a pan over medium high heat.
  • Add in 1/2 thinly sliced red onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until soft.
  • Add in 1 bunch of chopped lacinato kale and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until wilted and tender.
  • Add in 3/4 lb. cooked duck and 3/4 lb. cooked roasted potatoes** and 1/2 c. chicken stock.
  • Toss together and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until most of the stock has evaporated and the ingredients have warmed and cooked through.
  • Divide onto plates and top each with a fried egg.

Serves two - three
*Or olive oil.
**I used leftovers from this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment