Friday, July 1

Kitties' Birthday Party

Huckleberry's Strawberry & Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am in love with my two kitties, Chip and Ralphie, a brother and sister pair that I found on Craigslist a couple years ago. To celebrate their second birthday, I treated them to grilled shrimp and a slew of new toys. For the humans, I got cupcakes from Huckleberry (previously reviewed here). It was such a fun night, and a great way to celebrate the love and joy that they've brought me these past two years.

Perfectly Grilled Shrimp:
  • Toss 3/4 lb. peeled and de-veined shrimp with 1 tbsp. olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.*
  • Cook over a hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side, or until shrimp turn opaque.
  • Let rest for 5 minutes before eating.**

Serves two
*If making food for your pets, do not add seasoning, this can upset their stomachs.
**If feeding to pets, cut into very small pieces, and limit the portion to 1 shrimp per cat.

Ralphie (left) & Chip (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment