Friday, November 9

Thanksgiving Side Dishes

Classic stuffing is the ultimate Thanksgiving side and my personal favorite. Pictured: Ciabatta Herb Stuffing
Skip the marshmallow-topped casserole and go for a fluffy, creamy mashed version instead. Pictured: Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Put a few greens on your plate and you'll feel less guilty about having two slices of pie. Pictured: Lemon & Pecorino Roasted Brussels Sprouts


It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. I've been spending the holiday on vacation the past few years, but this year my fiancĂ© and I are travelling before (leaving for Costa Rica tonight!) so that we can come back and be at my parents’ house for a more traditional celebration. I’m extremely excited to spend the day in my family’s kitchen and cook all the dishes with my mom like we've done so many times before. My favorite part of the meal is the sides, so it's only fitting that I listed some of my favorite recipes to accompany the turkey.


Homemade bread is a crowd-pleasing side dish and leftovers are great for making turkey sandwiches. Pictured: Buttermilk Rye Bread
Gravy can be the most stressful part of the meal. This recipe is fool-proof and tastes good on everything. Pictured: Mushroom-Thyme Gravy
Soups can be made ahead and quickly re-heated before serving. They'll keep your vegetarian guests happy, too.  Pictured: Carrot Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment