Friday, December 2

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lemon & Pecorino


The first work week following a long vacation can be pretty depressing, so I decided to try and keep the fun going by hosting a mid-week dinner party for a couple friends. Now, we usually have these friends over every week anyways, but it typically involves me wearing my pajamas and all of us eating dinner in the living room while watching TV. I wanted to make this week’s dinner special (partially to thank them for watching our cats while we were out of town), so I set the table with my nice dinnerware and made a multi-course meal. On the menu: pork chops with apple-onion sauce, baked potatoes with chive sour cream, apple crostada a la mode, and these brussel sprouts (my friend’s favorite veggie).

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lemon & Pecorino:
  • Halve 3/4 lb. of brussel sprouts and lay on a sheet pan. 
  • Toss the sprouts with 2 tbsp. olive oil, the zest of one lemon, salt, and pepper.
  • Place the pan in a 400°F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until sprouts are tender and begin to caramelize.
  • Let the sprouts cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish and garnish with shavings of Pecorino Romano* cheese.

Serves four (side dish)
*Can be substituted with Parmesan or left off entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment