Monday, December 10

Salmon Tacos



I ate a lot of fish tacos during our trip to Costa Rica last month and it reminded me what an easy, delicious meal they can be. Generally fish tacos are made with some sort of white fish (see here), but I switched it up and used salmon. The weather here has been pretty chilly (at least by L.A. standards) so I roasted mine in the oven instead of grilling it, although this would also be a great way to use leftover salmon from the night before. The topping possibilities are endless, but I kept it simple with some avocado, pico de gallo salsa, and lime.


Salmon Tacos:
  • Place one 2/3 lb. salmon fillet on a foil-lined baking sheet (skin-side down), 
  • Brush fish with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
  • Roast fish in a 400F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
  • Heat 4-6 corn tortillas* and divide onto plates, then top with some of the salmon** and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
  • Arrange a couple thin slices of avocado on each taco and top with pico de gallo salsa.

Serves two-three
*I like to heat mine by placing each one directly on top of a burner on my stove for 15 seconds a side.
**You should be able to easily break the salmon into pieces with a spatula. The skin will stick to the foil on the baking sheet and should be discarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment