Friday, January 25

Salmon & Vegetable Soba Noodles




For a pasta lover like me, soba noodles are a great healthy alternative. They’re made of buckwheat and fill me up faster than regular noodles so a little goes a long way. This version is something I made during my cleanse and is vegetable and protein heavy with just a handful of soba. If you’re using leftovers like I did, pre-cooked salmon makes this dish come together in mere minutes. I literally made in it fifteen minutes before racing out the door to get to an early weeknight movie. Even if I’m not pressed for time or watching what I eat, this is still a go-to dish that I’ll tweak and make over and over again.


Salmon & Vegetable Soba Noodles:
  • Heat a wok or skillet over very high heat and add in 1 tbsp. canola oil.
  • Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in 5 oz. soba noodles. Cook for 5 minutes, or until al dente.
  • Add 1 diced jalapeno and 2 heads of finely chopped broccoli to the wok and cook for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
  • Stir in 1 tbsp. minced garlic and cook for another minute, then add in 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce, the juice of 1 small lime, 1 tbsp. sake, and several dashes of Sriracha hot sauce.*
  • Add in the drained noodles and 4 oz. cooked, flaked salmon.**
  • Turn off the heat and add in 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil and 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves. 
  • Stir the noodles to combine and check for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
  • Divide into bowls and top with 1/2 diced avocado and black sesame seeds.***

Serves two
*Depending on how spicy you like it.
**To cook salmon, drizzle a 4 oz. boneless fillet with 1/2 tbsp. canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a 375F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Can be done a day in advance and kept in the fridge.
***Optional, but I like the crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment