Tuesday, July 29

Five Favorite Quick Weeknight Meals

Some of my favorite quick and easy meals that can be thrown together on even the busiest weeknights


Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas


I started a new job yesterday! I'm thrilled to be taking a new step in my career and am trying to embrace all the changes that come with it. And there are a lot of changes. On the plus side, I'll be receiving free meals everyday and am looking forward to not having to bring my own lunches every week. On the down side, I'm going to be dealing with a much longer commute to my new office. This means I'll be coming home later at night than I'm used to and will have less time to cook my weeknight dinners. I'm hoping that my husband will be able to contribute more to our family's cooking (and maybe even have some guest posts on KSD), but I'm also trying to come up with even more quick and easy recipes that I won't mind whipping up after a long day. While I have hundreds of quick weeknight meals on my blog, here are five of my favorites that are truly the quickest and easiest. Hopefully you and your family will enjoy them as much as we do.


Favorite Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners:
  • Curry Coconut Chicken - A healthy one-pot meal of boneless skinless chicken in a flavorful coconut curry sauce. It can be on the table in under thirty minutes and leftovers taste even better the next day.
  • One-Pot Tomato Farro with Sausage - The total cooking time for this recipe is about thirty minutes, but the active cooking time is only about five minutes. Just brown some sausage, wipe out the pan, dump in the rest of the ingredients, and let everything simmer while you decompress from your day.
  • Baked Cod with Sherry and Butter - You only need three ingredients and about fifteen minutes to make a fancy French fish at home. Throw together a salad or some rice and you'll have a quick weeknight meal that is impressive enough for guests.
  • Bean, Cheese, Avocado & Egg Tostadas - As well as being quick and easy, this recipe is also super cheap to make. Slather some fried tortillas with mashed black beans, grated cheese, a fried egg, and ripe avocado.
  • Shrimp & Burst Tomato Linguine - Shrimp is one of my favorite weeknight-friendly ingredients. The tomatoes and shrimp cook in a pan while the pasta boils for a fast Italian meal.


Looking for more favorite recipes? Check out my favorite easy stir-fries and quick chicken dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment