Wednesday, August 27

Breakfast Quesadilla For One

A fried egg, melted cheese, and crispy tortilla quesadilla...for one


Single-Serving Breakfast Quesadilla


I worked from home every Friday with my previous job and it was glorious. I took advantage of it to the fullest - keeping my PJs on until late in the morning, getting in an afternoon run around the neighborhood on my lunch break, and always making myself a hot breakfast. These single-serving breakfast quesadillas were my go-to, and I really perfected them over time. I have a tiny skillet that's just about the size of a corn tortilla and it's the only equipment needed to make this dish. Start frying an egg in the pan, top it with a handful of grated cheese, and then lay a tortilla on top. After the bottom of the egg has set, flip everything over, fold it in half, and - boom - breakfast is served. Sometimes I would get fancy and add sliced avocado or chopped cilantro on top, but usually I just drizzled with hot sauce and ate it over the sink in about six bites. It's the perfect quick breakfast for one, although you could easily double or triple the recipe to feed more people.


Related Recipes:
- Roasted Chili & Cheese Egg Bake
- Breakfast Tacos
- Chilaquiles


Single-Serving Breakfast Quesadilla:
  • Melt a small pat of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
  • Crack an egg into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
  • When the egg starts to set, add a handful of grated Monterey Jack cheese on top and then gently lay a corn tortilla on top.
  • Flip everything so that the tortilla is on the bottom and the egg is laying on top.
  • Cook for another minute or two, then fold it in half and cook for another minute on each side, or until the cheese melts and the egg is cooked through.
  • Serve with hot sauce or salsa.

Serves one, make as many as you want

No comments:

Post a Comment