Friday, June 3

Grilled Halibut & Mango-Avocado Salsa


I had leftover avocados from homemade guacamole and chips I brought to my friend's Memorial Day BBQ, so I thought it would be fun to make a quick avocado-mango salsa to serve over fish. The salsa is sweet and tangy and really takes center stage in this dish. I set out to use mahi mahi but the store was all out, so I settled for halibut instead. Next time I make this I'm going to dice the halibut and put it into corn tortillas for a fun twist on fish tacos.


Grilled Halibut & Mango-Avocado Salsa:
For Salsa
  • Dice 1 large avocado* and 1 large mango into bite-size cubes.
  • Mix in a bowl with 1/2 tsp. minced jalapeno and 2 tbsp. minced red onion.
  • Top with 1 tsp. vegetable oil and the juice of half a lime.
  • Salsa can sit for 1 hour.
For Fish
  • Brush both sides of two 6 oz. halibut fillets with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Cook fish on a medium-hot grill for 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
  • Remove fish from grill and squeeze with the juice of half a lime.
  • Top fish with mango-avocado salsa.

Serves two
*If avocado is overripe, it won't hold it's shape as it gets mixed in the salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment