Thursday, June 2

Guacamole




I use homemade guacamole in a lot of my Mexican food, so I thought it was about time that I shared my recipe with all of you. In a pinch, I just mash together a few avocados with a dash of Cholula (still delicious), but I love the spicy, lime-y quality of my signature recipe. I omit tomatoes because I find that they make the dip runny and I like my guacamole nice and thick. Try this recipe on chicken fajitas or portabello mushroom tacos.


Guacamole:
  • Slice 8 avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop flesh into a bowl.
  • Mince 1/2 of a fresh jalapeno pepper*, 1/2 of a red onion, and a handful of chopped cilantro and add to the bowl.
  • Add the juice of one lime and season with salt.
  • Using a large fork or potato masher, mash the guacamole until mostly smooth.
  • Serve with chips.**

Serves eight - ten
*Adjust to suit your desired level of spice.
**If guacamole will be sitting out for awhile, squeeze the top with extra lime juice to prevent discoloration.

No comments:

Post a Comment