Friday, June 24

Spicy Peanut Chicken Stirfry


I'd been on the lookout for a new stirfry recipe (see previous recipes here and here), but I just couldn't find anything exciting in my usual sources of inspiration. So I came up with this recipe totally on my own, which is a cross between a traditional Chinese stirfry and a Thai peanut satay. I love how the chicken absorbs the sauce's sweet, spicy, and salty flavors, which contrasts nicely with the crisp-tender vegetables. I think you'll find it better than take-out.

Spicy Peanut Chicken Stirfry:
  • In a bowl, combine 1/4 c. peanut sauce, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, 1/2 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce*, 1 tsp. grated ginger, and 1 tsp. minced garlic.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in a wok over high heat.
  • Thinly slice 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, and add to the wok.
  • Stirfry chicken for 2 -3 minutes, or until halfway cooked.
  • Add 1 thinly sliced bell pepper and 1 head of broccoli.**
  • Cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetable are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
  • Add peanut sauce to the wok and cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce coats all ingredients.
  • To serve, divide onto plates and serve with brown rice.

Serves two - three
*Or any hot sauce you like; add more or less depending on how spicy you like it.
**Florets only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment