Friday, June 15

Father's Day Menu Planning

Braciole, steak stuffed with cheese, garlic, and breadcrumbs and baked in tomato sauce, is one of my dad's signature dishes. Pictured: Braciole


I’m lucky enough to come from a family where both parents are great cooks, each excelling in their own areas in the kitchen. My dad is the grill master, although he’s been known to make a few great dishes off the grates as well. He has a unique ability to make recipes up in his head and never measure ingredients (much to my dismay as I always try to ask for his recipes and he doesn’t know any of the measurements), concocting flavorful marinades for seafood and steak that only he can replicate. This post is a Father’s Day tribute to him, sharing a few of his recipes that I’ve managed to document and some of his other favorite dishes. I’m sure your own dad (or any other special man in your life) will love them too.



Every year my dad tries to grow his own tomatoes and fails miserably. At least there are great store-bought varieties to be had. Pictured: Heirloom Tomato & Blue Cheese Salad
My mom doesn't eat meat, so my dad created this recipe that they can both enjoy. Pictured: Grilled Portabello Mushroom Parmesan

My dad is a sucker for anything with blueberries. The savory chops and sweet, tangy sauce work really well together. Pictured: Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic-Blueberry Sauce

This peach and raspberry crumble is his favorite dessert. He asks me to make it at dinners all summer long. Pictured: Peach & Raspberry Crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment