Friday, June 8

Slow Roasted Salmon with Herb Yogurt Sauce




I love serving food family style, so I was super excited when Bon Appetit recently did a feature on family style meals with recipes from the chef at Farmshop (a restaurant located literally down the street from my house). This salmon with herb yogurt sauce is super low maintenance but packs the wow factor in its presentation. I found it a great way  to use up leftover fresh herbs, as I’m always having to buy a huge bunch just for a few tablespoons in my recipes. The salmon is cooked slowly at a low temperature, which transforms the texture and flavor into something much more luscious and tender than I’ve seen in other recipes. I love serving it whole at the table with a large fork, so that each person can take as much or as little as they like. Same thing goes for the sauce, although it was so good that I couldn’t resist putting several generous spoonfuls on mine.


Slow Roasted Salmon with Herb Yogurt Sauce:
For Sauce
  • Combine 8 oz. Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. chopped dill, 1 tbsp. chopped chives, the zest of one lemon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
  • Set aside.*
For Salmon
  • Lightly coat the bottom of a small baking dish with olive oil, then fill with a bed of fresh herbs.**
  • Place a 1 lb. boneless salmon fillet, skin side down, over the herbs and brush the flesh with olive oil. Season well with salt.
  • Roast the salmon in a 315F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until just cooked through.
  • Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and the yogurt sauce.

Serves two - three
*Can be covered and stored in the fridge for 2 days.
**I used fresh dill and thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment