Friday, June 29

Fourth of July Menu Planning

Is there really anything more American than fried chicken? Pictured: Buttermilk Fried Chicken


Fourth of July is fast approaching, and I'll be making my annual trip to Minnesota to spend time with my fiance's family. We spend most of the day boating or swimming in the lake, only coming in to refresh the cooler or have a quick bite to eat. At night, there are cocktails, and wine, and family-style dinners to feed a crowd. Here are some of my favorite dishes to make and eat in such an iconic American setting, but I think they'll impart the spirit of summer and Independence Day no matter how or where you serve them.


Salads are a simple way to showcase the summer's great produce. Pictured: Arugula, Corn, & Tomato Salad

Grilled meat is always a crowd-pleaser. Pictured: Perfectly Grilled Rib-Eye Steak
It's not as famous as apple pie, but your guests won't mind one bit. Pictured: Peach Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment