Monday, October 10

Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta


I’ve been wanting to try Williams-Sonoma’s Pumpkin Parmesan pasta sauce for over a year, but the sauce is only available during the holidays and last year I waited too long to pick some up before it sold out. It recently appeared in stores again and this time I didn’t hesitate to pick up a bottle. I had high expectations for how delicious the sauce would be but it was even better than I could have imagined. It's surprisingly savory, with a real hint of roasted garlic and something slightly spicy that I can't put my finger on. I wanted to showcase it as simply as possible, so I just tossed it with some whole wheat pasta and sprinkled it with toasted walnuts. It's one of the easiest quick weeknight meals I've come up with, but still sophisticated enough for company.

Spaghetti with Pumpkin Parmesan Sauce & Walnuts:
  • Cook 1 lb. of whole-wheat spaghetti* in a large pot of boiling, salted water until 2 minutes before the package directions.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 jar of pumpkin parmesan sauce in a large pan over medium-low heat.
  • Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 c. pasta cooking water.
  • Add pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
  • Stir in 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese and 1 c. of toasted walnuts**. Moisten will some of the pasta water as necessary.
  • Continue tossing pasta until it absorbs most of the sauce and is al dente, about 1-2 minutes.
  • To serve, divide into pasta bowls and top with a few more toasted nuts.

Serves four
*Any shape of pasta works here.
**To toast nuts, place them in a hot, dry saute pan for 3-5 minutes, or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment