Thursday, January 26

Bok Choy Asian Noodles

Bok Choy Asian Noodles


I’ve been getting back into my weekly farmer’s market routine (evidenced here) and couldn’t pass up buying five heads of bok choy for only a dollar. I cooked them with some Asian condiments I already had in my pantry and tossed them with some noodles for an updated (but just as cheap) take on ramen. The noodles are super filling and would make a great vegetarian main course, but I served them as a side with chicken skewers; then I sliced the leftover chicken and tossed them with the remaining noodles for a meal the next day.


Related Recipes:
- Cold Asian Noodle Salad
- Serrano-Lime Squid & Bok Choy Stir-Fry
- Duck & Vegetable Asian Noodles


Somen Noodles with Bok Choy:
  • Cook 12 oz. somen noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in a skillet and add in 1 tbsp. minced garlic, 1 tbsp. grated ginger,* and 5 sliced heads of bok choy.**
  • Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
  • Add in the noodles, 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. Sesame oil, and 2 tsp. Sriracha.***
  • Toss for a minute or two, then divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro.

Serves four - six (side dish)
*I like to keep fresh ginger in the freezer so that I always have it on hand.
**Discard the center core.
***You may want to add more or less of the hot sauce, soy, and oil. Taste it as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment