Wednesday, January 18

Potato, Spinach, & Goat Cheese Scramble


I’ve never really mastered the art of creating omelets, but they’re certainly a healthy start to your morning and great way to use up leftovers. My solution is to create a scramble, which has all the same ingredients as an omelet but is so much easier to throw together. I used some roasted potatoes, goat cheese, and baby spinach I had on hand from a dinner earlier in the week, but this dish can be modified to create countless different variations. Since it’s not a very elegant dish to begin with, I find that it’s fun to bring the skillet to the table and serve it family-style from there.



Potato, Spinach, & Goat Cheese Scramble:
  • Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  • Add in 3 minced cloves of garlic and cook for a minute.
  • Then add in 1 1/2 c. diced, roasted potatoes* and 5 c. baby spinach leaves.
  • Cook for another 4-6 minutes, or until spinach has wilted and potatoes have warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Add in 6 beaten eggs and stir until scrambled, about 2-4 minutes.
  • Turn off the heat, add in 2-3 oz. crumbled goat cheese, and stir through. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed.
  • Serve with hot sauce, if desired.

Serves two - three
*I used leftovers I had in my fridge from a previous meal. Or add raw diced potatoes and cook for 6-10 minutes, or until tender, and then add the spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment