Monday, April 25

Easter Lunch


 I celebrated Easter with a late lunch at my parent's house, and although it's not my favorite holiday, I love getting a chance to hang out with my family and friends over a good meal. I offered to bring a vegetable side dish, so my boyfriend and I went to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market the day before for inspiration. The pencil-thin asparagus we picked up were so flavorful and were complimented by the zest of just in-season meyer lemons. It was a perfect side to go with the lamb chops and roasted baby potatoes that my mom made.

Roasted Asparagus with Meyer Lemon Zest:
  • Trim the ends off four bunches of thin asparagus.
  • Toss with 2 tbsp. meyer lemon zest*, 3 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper and divide onto two sheet pans.
  • Roast in a 400F oven for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
  • Transfer onto a platter and top with shaved Parmesan cheese**.

Serves ten
*Meyer lemons are sweeter than regular lemons. You can substitute with 1 tbsp. lemon zest and 1 tbsp. orange zest if you can't find meyer lemons.
**I used a vegetable peeler to make large Parmesan shavings.


No comments:

Post a Comment