Wednesday, April 13

Baked Honey & Walnut Brie

Warm brie cheese with a sweet and crunchy nut topping





I've had a love of brie cheese since an early age, and almost all my significant relationships have resulted in a shared love of some of the world's greatest cheese. I went to a lot of happy hours in college, or would host my own "wine and cheese night" where my girlfriends and I would buy bottles of cheap wine and spend double or triple the price on a nice wedge of brie. It was at one happy hour where I discovered a dish that incorporated brie, honey, and nuts, and I've been making a version of this appetizer ever since. It's a great dish to serve for friends... if you're willing to share.


More Cheesy Recipes:
- Great Grandmother's Cheese Ball
- Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella & Italian Sausage Queso Dip


Baked Brie with Honey & Walnuts:
  • Place a large wedge of brie cheese into a small baking dish.
  • Drizzle brie with 1-2 tbsp. honey and sprinkle with 1/4 c. roughly chopped walnuts.
  • Meanwhile, slice one large baguette into 1/2 inch rounds.
  • Place bread slices in one layer on a large baking sheet.
  • Bake brie and toast in a 375°F oven for 5-10 minutes, until brie is slightly melted. Make sure bread does not burn.
  • To serve, carefully remove the brie from the baking dish and place in the center of a platter. Arrange bread slices around the cheese.


Serves four for hors d'oeuvres 


No comments:

Post a Comment