Friday, April 29

Breakfast Sandwiches


I'm a big fan of breakfast sandwiches (I swear Deli Zone's Kong is the world's best hangover cure) because they can be easily customized and are a great way to use up leftovers. I had some bacon and eggs in the fridge that I needed to use, so I bought an avocado and whole wheat bread from the farmer's market to create this open-faced version. It was a great way to start off a weekend morning, but I could also see myself eating this as a quick lunch or dinner during the week.

Bacon, Avocado, & Fried Egg Sandwich:
  • Add four pieces of thick-cut bacon to a skillet and cook over medium-heat until desired doneness.*
  • Meanwhile, mash one ripe avocado and the juice of half a lime in a mortar and pestle. Season with salt.
  • Remove bacon from pan and fry two eggs in the bacon drippings until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
  • To assemble sandwich, toast two slices of whole wheat bread and place on plates. Top each slice with mashed avocado, two slices of bacon, and one egg.
  • Cut each sandwich in half and serve with hot sauce.**

Serves two
*I like my bacon well-done and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side.
**My boyfriend likes Texas Pete hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment