Tuesday, May 24

Grilled Pork Gyros


My boyfriend introduced me to Baba Foods products at the beginning of our relationship, when I was dying to inhale the entire container of hummus and tzatziki but didn’t want to show my true bottomless-pit-of-a-stomach colors yet. A lot has changed by now, but we’re still going to our local farmer’s market and picking up Baba Foods every week. Of course their salads and dips are great alone or with pita bread (or my homemade pita chips), but I wanted to showcase them in a main dish: pork gyros. If you don't have access to Baba Foods or store-bought tzatziki sauce, try my recipe for it here.

Grilled Pork Gyros with Tzatziki, Feta, and Sundried Tomato:
  • Thinly slice 1/2 lb. grilled pork tenderloin.*
  • Meanwhile, lightly grill two pocket-less pita breads.**
  • Divide pork slices onto pita, top with a few rings of thinly sliced red onion and a handful of chopped romaine lettuce.
  • Top sandwich with 2 tbsp. of tzatziki,*** 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese, and 3 sliced sundried tomatoes.
  • Serve with lots of napkins - these sandwiches can be messy.

Serves two
*I used leftovers from this recipe.
**Or any Greek-style flatbread.
***Greek-style yogurt dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment