Friday, March 18

St. Patrick's Day Dinner


When I was in college, St. Patrick’s Day was a favorite holiday (but then again, so was anything that involved dressing for a theme). Now that I’m a little more grown up, I’m swapping the green beer for whiskey cocktails and the late-night Cosmo’s pizza for a modern Irish dinner. Lamb and mashed potatoes are one of my favorite meals, and I payed homage to the Irish with the added fennel and parsnips. But despite my more adult palate, I’ll never be too old to dress in theme.

Lamb Chops with Roasted Fennel & Mashed Parsnips:
Lamb:
  • Rub 1 lb. lamb rib chops with salt and pepper.
  • Grill over high heat for 3-4 minutes each side, or until desired doneness.
  • Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
Fennel:
  • Slice two bulbs of fennel, making sure to remove the core.
  • Toss on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • Roast in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, until caramelized.
Parsnips:
  • Peel and chop one large russet potato and two parsnips.
  • Place in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook vegetables for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
  • Drain water from the pot and place back on low heat.
  • Mash vegetables with ½ c. milk, 1 tbsp. butter, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
  • Divide mashed parsnips onto plates. Top with lamb chops and fennel.

Serves two

1 comment:

  1. Can we get a photo of your costume? I like this meal....and your blog. Well done woman.

    ReplyDelete