Thursday, March 24

Shrimp in Thai Curry Sauce



I've been feeling a bit under the weather, so I really wanted to make something warm that would wake up my sinuses. I already had a lot of ingredients on hand from when I made Thai Chicken Curry, so I only had to make a quick trip to the store. The hot shrimp and slightly-spicy sauce were the perfect answer to my cold and took less than a half hour to put together.


Related Recipes:
Thai Curry Chicken Drummettes
Red Curry Fish with Peanuts & Cilantro
Thai Chicken Curry



Shrimp in Thai Curry Sauce:
  • Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium-size saucepan.
  • Add 2 diced shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to soften.
  • Stir in 1 tbsp. green curry paste* and cook for another minute or so.
  • Add 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1/2 c. chicken stock, 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. fish sauce*. Bring sauce to a boil.
  • Add 1 lb. peeled and de-veined shrimp** and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until opaque.
  • Stir in 1 c. baby spinach leaves and 1 tsp. minced cilantro leaves.
  • Serves in bowls under cooked brown rice. Garnish with lime wedges and more cilantro.

Serves two
*Available in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
**Ask your fish monger to do this for you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment