Friday, March 25

Madras Chicken Curry & Cumin Roasted Cauliflower



I don't have much experience with Indian food, but I was inspired to try my hand at it after reading an article in last month's Bon Appetit. They featured ten of their favorite store-bought Indian products and recommended a curry simmer sauce from Whole Foods. I'm always looking for more quick weeknight meals, and boy was this fast and easy! I like putting a little extra effort into my side dishes when I take store-bought help, so I picked up some garlic naan bread and roasted cauliflower in the oven.


Madras Chicken Curry & Cumin Roasted Cauliflower:
For Chicken Curry 

  • Cut 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Cook chicken on a hot, oiled grill* for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 jar of madras simmering sauce** in a pot over medium-low heat.
  • Add grilled chicken to the sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Spoon chicken curry onto plates and serve with warm naan bread.***
For Cauliflower
  • Chop one head of cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
  • Toss on a sheet pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. cumin, salt, and pepper.
  • Roast in a 425°F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tender and browned in some places.

Serves two
*A grill pan works well too.
**I used Seeds of Change Madras simmering sauce.
***Available in the bread section at some grocery stores, such as Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. 

 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment