Monday, March 21

Weekend Review: Gjelina

Guanciale, Green Olive, Fresno Chili, & Buffalo Mozzarella Pizza

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write about one of my new favorite restaurants, Gjelina! I'd been hearing buzz about their super thin-crust pizza and small plates for months, and after trying it, I can't get enough of their awesome food. It's a great place to take out of town guests because it's located right on trendy Abbot Kinney and has a super fun outdoor patio. I went there most recently when we were entertaining my boyfriend's out of town friend (we also took him to Animal and made slow-roasted pork shoulder), and we tried almost everything on the menu. I'm still a sucker for their fennel salami pizza, but their mushroom toast is a new favorite.


Marinated Beets, Burrata, Arugula, & Walnuts
Salt & Pepper Frites with Romesco & Aioli
Smoked Trout Salad with Avocado, Red Onion & Grapefruit
Pork Meatballs & Grilled Bread
Miatake Mushroom Toast with Creme Fraiche & Truffle Oil
Porchetta with Guajillo Chili & Braised Chard
Chicories, Tomato, Bacon, & Parmesan Pizza with Sunny Side Duck Egg

No comments:

Post a Comment