Friday, February 18

Kir Royales



I've fallen into a routine after work (get home, make dinner, play with my cats, watch some television, go to bed), so I decided to surprise my boyfriend with a cocktail hour before dinner. I tried out Ina Garten's recipe for cheese straws, which were deliciously addicting, and paired them with my favorite cocktail of the moment, kir royales. It was such a nice change of pace to unwind after work with a cold drink and hors d'oeuvres, and I think my dinner tasted extra-delicious after a few cocktails.


Kir Royales:
  • Pour one tbsp. Crème de cassis* into the bottom of a champagne flute.
  • Top with Champagne.**

Makes one cocktail
*Black currant liqueur. This can be found at liquor stores and some supermarkets.
**I like to use good Prosecco instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment