Monday, February 14

Valentine's Eve Dinner



I'm one of those girls who loves Valentine's Day. Even when I was single, I embraced it for what it was: an excuse to dress up and eat amazing food. This year, my boyfriend and I decided to stay in and cook something decadent, so we bought lobster tails at our local seafood market and opened a bottle of champagne. Lobster has always been a special-occasion meal for me, but cooking live lobsters can be messy and labor-intensive. The tails are much easier to eat and were perfect for a romantic meal. We had such a fun time together, and I loved having an excuse to dust off my Limoges plates.

More Lobster Recipes:
- Whole Steamed Lobsters
- Lobster Risotto
- Lobster, Corn, & Bacon Chowder
- Lobster & Truffle Pasta


Lobster Tails with Garlic Panko:
  • Split two, large lobster tails (or four small).*
  • Mix together 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp. melted butter, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, 1 tbsp. minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
  • Place tails on a roasting tray, flesh side up, and top with breadcrumb mixture.
  • Bake in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes, until topping is golden brown and lobster is cooked through.
  • Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.

Serves two
*Or ask your fish monger to do this for you




No comments:

Post a Comment