Thursday, February 17

Asian Noodles


I was running around last night after work but still wanted to make dinner for my boyfriend and a friend before we watched the new episode of Top Chef. Usually Asian food is my go-to for a quick weeknight meal, so I decided to combine some ingredients I had in the fridge with udon noodles for a fast fix. I cooked the noodles the same way I do regular pasta, and then added it to a stir-fry. I used the vegetables and chicken I had on hand, but you can re-create it with whatever ingredients you like.

Chicken & Vegetable Udon Noodles:
  • Boil one pot of water and cook one box of udon* noodles according to package instructions.
  • Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil.
  • Add one sliced chicken breast, one bunch diced asparagus, 2 tbsp. diced green onions, and one package sliced mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Add 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. minced garlic, and Sriracha* hot sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Add cooked noodles to the pan and toss with 1 tbsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp. sesame oil.
  • Serve in bowls and top with toasted almonds and 1 more tbsp. sliced green onions.
 Serves four
*Available in the Asian food aisle of most supermarkets.


P.S. How cute are these new bowls I got from Anthropologie?

No comments:

Post a Comment