Wednesday, February 23

Sweet Chili Salmon


I'm a big fan of Bon Appetit recipes (as I've mentioned before), and when I saw their salmon with sweet chili glaze on the cover of their April 2010 issue I knew I had to try it at home. I've adjusted it to suit my tastes and made it a dozen or more times since. It's truly a restaurant quality dish that's equally perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining a group of friends. I love using the fish marinade as the sauce for the vegetables on the side.

Sweet Chili Salmon with Sugar Snap Peas:
  •  Place two 6 oz. salmon fillets on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
  • Combine 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce*, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, and 1/2 tbsp. grated ginger in a bowl.
  • Spoon marinade over salmon, reserving extra in the bowl. Let the salmon marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  • Cook salmon in the broiler for 8-10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil.
  • Add one package of trimmed sugar snap peas, 1 tbsp. ginger, and 1 tbsp. minced garlic.
  • Cook peas for 2-5 minutes, until almost tender.
  • Add remaining marinade and cook another 2-3 minutes.
  • Drizzle peas with 1 tsp. sesame oil.
  • Serve peas alongside cooked fish and brown rice. 

Serves two
*Found in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment