Thursday, February 10

Baked Turkey Meatballs



My friends recommended I check out this amazing spice store, Savory Spice, on my recent trip to Colorado. They have hundreds of different varieties of spices and blends, and I came home with a delicious Italian Sausage Seasoning Blend. When my boyfriend tasted the seasoning at the store he said it was good enough to eat on its own, but I decided to incorporate it into turkey meatballs. Cooking meatballs on the stove can be a messy experience, so I baked them in the oven before simmering them in tomato sauce. I like to serve mine over brown rice, but you could use pasta or make meatball subs instead. The whole meal was fantastic, and I can't wait to order more of the spices online.


More Meatball Recipes:
- Chicken & Prosciutto Meatballs
- Lentil "Meatballs" with Basil-Lemon-Almond Pesto
- Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt Sauce


Baked Turkey Meatballs:

  • Combine 1/4 c. breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp. milk, one egg, 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
  • Gently mix in 1 lb. ground turkey. Shape turkey mixture into 2 inch balls.
  • Place meatballs on cookie sheets and bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
  • Meanwhile, gently simmer a jar of marina sauce over the stove.
  • Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Serve meatballs and sauce over brown rice. Sprinkle extra Parmesan on top.

Serves four

      No comments:

      Post a Comment