Thursday, February 3

Polenta & Sausages



With most of the country covered in ice and snow (-2°F in Boulder, CO), my mind kept drifting to thoughts of eating warm, comforting food - preferably by a fireplace. So while I wasn't able to enjoy a snow day in L.A., I still cooked the comfort food I couldn't stop thinking about. The creamy, rich polenta, which I adapted from Ina Garten's How Easy is That?, and roasted sausages were the perfect home-cooked meal to satisfy my craving.


Parmesan Polenta with Sausages:

  • Place sausages on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400°F oven for 20-30 minutes, or until sausages are browned and cooked through.
  • Remove sausages from oven and cut in half.
  • Meanwhile, boil 2 c. chicken stock and two cloves chopped garlic in a medium saucepan.
  • Whisk in 1/2 c. of quick-cooking polenta and cook according to package. Make sure to whisk constantly to avoid lumps.
  • Once polenta is done, turn off the heat and add 1 tbsp. butter, 2 tbsp. creme fraiche, and 1/2 c. grated parmesan.
  • Spoon the polenta onto a plate, and top with halved sausages.* Enjoy.

Serves four
*I also rounded out the meal with some sauteed spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment