Monday, January 17

Apple Tart


I had some friends over Friday night for dessert and a movie. Baking can be labor intensive and I didn't have much time, so I took some help from the store and bought frozen puffed pastry. I've made other simple fruit tarts before (such as this one), but I think I found a new favorite with the quick and easy apple topping.

Apple Tart:
  • Defrost one sheet of frozen puff pastry and place on a greased baking sheet (or line with parchment paper to save on clean up time).
  • Peel and thinly slice 3-4 Granny Smith apples. It is important to keep the apples the same size and shape to ensure even cooking.
  • Toss apple slices with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 c. sugar*, and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
  • Arrange the apples on top of the puff pastry, fanning them into neat rows. Dot the top with butter.
  • Bake at a 400°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle the top with honey. Bake for another 5 minutes.
  • Cool for a few minutes and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Serves six
*I keep a vanilla bean in my sugar canister to give it an added vanilla flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment