Thursday, January 27

Roasted Butternut Squash



I don't always have a lot of time to cook after work, so sometimes I'll focus on making one dish and buy everything else at the store. I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge and some leftover kale from this recipe, so I made some roasted butternut squash to round out the meal. Peeling, seeding, and chopping a butternut squash can be an infuriating task, so I took extra help and bought it pre-cut at Trader Joe's. I seasoned the squash with some rosemary I picked in my garden, but that was almost all the prep work it required. The whole meal came together quickly and was impressive enough to serve for a friend.


Rosemary-Roasted Butternut Squash:

  • Peel, seed, and chop one small butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes (or buy it pre-cut at the store).
  • Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet* and toss with 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary, and season with salt and pepper.
  • Cook squash in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on the outside and tender inside.

Serves four (side dish)
* I line my cookie sheet with foil to save on clean-up time.


No comments:

Post a Comment