Tuesday, January 11

Penne with Turkey Sausage and Vegetables



On nights when I don't feel like doing much cooking, I reach for one of my favorite pasta sauces from Williams-Sonoma, which I keep stocked in my pantry for fast weeknight dinners. I've been a fan of their Artichoke & Lemon Pasta Sauce for a long time, but the Rustic Vegetable has become my new go-to. They're great on their own, but I like to keep things interesting by adding hot turkey sausage.


Penne with Turkey Sausage & Vegetables:
  • Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt, and cook one package of whole wheat penne according to the label.
  • Meanwhile, take 3/4 lb. of hot turkey sausage out of the casing and crumble into large saute pan. Add a few pinches of crushed red chili flakes and cook until brown, breaking up sausage into small pieces as you go.
  • Add a jar of Rustic Vegetable pasta sauce to the sausage mixture and let simmer while pasta finished cooking.
  • Drain pasta and place back in pot. Add sauce and a handful of parmesan cheese; toss with the noodles. Enjoy!

Serves four

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm that artichoke & lemon sauce looks divine! Ill have to try it -H

    ReplyDelete