Tuesday, January 18

Arctic Char with Pesto Rice




L.A. was in the 80's the past few days, and the warm weather had me craving summertime food. My boyfriend walked down to our local fish market to grab some steelhead trout, but they were all out so he came back with arctic char. I'd never cooked it before, but it's closely related to the salmon and trout that I cook often. I served it with pesto rice and a Greek salad.

Arctic Char with Pesto Rice:
For Fish
  • Season two 6oz. fillets of arctic char with salt and pepper.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat.
  • Add fillets, skin side down, and cook for 5-7 minutes until skin is crispy. Turn over and cook another 2-3 minutes until just cooked though.
For Rice
  • Cook brown rice according to package, or use microwavable brown rice like I featured here.
  • Mix in pesto. I made my own, but there are several good store-bought varieties.
  • Season with salt and pepper.

Serves two



No comments:

Post a Comment