Wednesday, January 19

Vegetable Hash


I'm going on vacation in a few days and needed to clean out my fridge, so I made a hash. It's a great way to use leftover ingredients (so is the fried rice I made here), and I like making a dish that's versatile enough to serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I used the veggies and eggs I had in the fridge, but you could make hundreds of different variations of this recipe using whatever items you have on hand.

Vegetable Hash:
  • Chop peppers, onions, fennel, and potatoes into small, uniform pieces.
  • Heat one tbsp. olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
  • Saute vegetables for 10 minutes and add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
  • Stir in 1 tbsp. chopped parsley and remove vegetable mixture from the pan.
  • Crack two eggs into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook to desired doneness.
  • Place eggs on top of hash mixture. Season with hot sauce. Enjoy.
 Serves two -three

No comments:

Post a Comment