Thursday, January 20

Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp

I come from a foodie family, and a lot of our get-togethers center around good meals. I had dinner at my parent's house this past weekend and my dad grilled skirt steaks in a chimichurri sauce* (he used this recipe). They sent me home with the leftovers, and I used the rest of the sauce as a marinade for grilled shrimp. I served it with roasted broccoli and rice to soak up the rest of the sauce.

Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp:
  • Marinade 1lb. peeled and deveined shrimp in chimichurri for an hour. Make sure to reserve a small amount of marinade to sauce the shrimp once cooked.
  • Preheat grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
  • Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes, flip, and grill for another 3 minutes on the other side.
  • Remove the shrimp from the grill and spoon remaining sauce on top. Enjoy.

Roasted Broccoli:

  • Toss broccoli florets with 1 tbsp. olive oil, the zest of one lemon, and salt and pepper.
  • Roast in a 400° oven for 10 minutes, until tender and caramelized. Enjoy.

Serves two - three
*Chimichurri is a herb-based sauce commonly found in South American cooking. I like to think of it as a South American pesto.


No comments:

Post a Comment