Thursday, January 6

Chicken and Mushroom Fried Rice

Bowl: Williams-Sonoma

Last-minute tickets to the Clippers/Nuggets game threw a wrench in the dinner I had planned, so I whipped up one of my favorite go-to meals: fried brown rice. I stuck with traditional Asian flavors this time, but the dish is versatile enough to incorporate any ingredients you might have in the fridge. Cooking Light even did a feature on this in their January edition (apparently something "fried" can be healthy too).


Chicken and Mushroom Fried Rice:
  • Lightly scramble two eggs in a large non-stick skillet. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
  • Heat a tbsp. of sesame oil in the pan and add sliced mushrooms with grated garlic and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
  • Add cooked brown rice*, cooked shredded chicken, and any leftover veggies. I used leftovers from this meal.
  • Stir in two tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce and Sriracha hot sauce to taste. Add the scrambled egg and enjoy.


Serves two
*I save time by using Trader Joe's Organic Microwavable Brown Rice - Whole Foods has a similar option

No comments:

Post a Comment