Thursday, August 18

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Spinach, Pine Nuts, & Brown Butter Sauce



Even though I've been out of school for a couple years, this time of year always reminds me of fall and new beginnings. So even though it's clearly still summer, I've already been thinking about colder-weather activities (like what awesome costume I'm going to be for Halloween) and of course, fall food. This butternut squash ravioli with  brown butter sauce is one of my favorite quick fall meals, and it's so delicious that there's no reason it shouldn't be enjoyed year-round. I take a lot of help from the store by purchasing fresh or frozen ravioli and the sauce only has a handful of ingredients, so the meal comes together in just minutes. Ravioli and brown butter sauce is great on its own, but I decided to jazz it up this time with some baby spinach and pine nuts I had in my fridge.


Butternut Squash Ravioli with Spinach, Pine Nuts, & Brown Butter Sauce:
  • Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook an 8 oz. package of butternut squash ravioli according to package directions.
  • Meanwhile, melt 1/2 stick unsalted butter and 1 pinch red chili flakes in a large pan until the butter just starts to brown,* about 5 minutes.
  • Add cooked ravioli to the pan, along with a little pasta cooking water, and toss to coat.
  • Stir in 2 c. baby spinach until wilted. Season ravioli with salt.
  • To serve, divide onto plates and top with toasted pine nuts and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Serves two
*Be careful, butter goes from brown to burnt very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment