Wednesday, August 10

Strawberry Popsicles


Last summer I bought a set of popsicle molds and spent almost every weekend creating a new batch of strawberry frozen treats. I sort of forgot about them until recently (maybe because I've been supplementing them with my addiction to 365 mango popsicles from Whole Foods), but decided to re-create them this past weekend. For five dollars, I can purchase a three-pack of strawberries from my farmer's market. All I do is puree them in the blender, strain the seeds, add a little sweetener, and freeze them in the molds. It's a quick and guilt-free summer dessert and a great alternative to other sugar-laden store-bought varieties. For more ideas on how to store, clean, and use strawberries, click here.

Strawberry Popsicles:
  • Wash and slice 3 pints of fresh strawberries, removing the green stems.
  • Place berries in a blender and puree until smooth.
  • Strain the berry puree over a large bowl to remove as many seeds as possible.
  • Mix in 1 tbsp. honey* and pour into popsicle molds (leave a 1/2" gap from the top of the mold).
  • Freeze for 6-8 hours, or until frozen solid.
  • To serve, gently submerge each mold into warm water until the popsicle slides free.

Makes six popsicles
*Add more or less honey depending on berries' sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment