Tuesday, August 30

Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon


I just got back from a trip to the North Carolina and Virginia, where I ate more than my fair share of traditional Southern favorites (biscuits, country ham, fried oysters, etc.). Everything was delicious, but it's safe to say that I'm going to be cooking healthy meals for the rest of the week. I was exhausted from traveling (and partying), so I made a version of this recipe for roasted salmon that comes together in under thirty minutes. It was such a fresh way to start off my week and a perfect tribute to the healthy Californian cuisine that I so enjoy cooking.



Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon:

  • Place a 3/4 lb. skinless salmon* fillet in a ceramic baking dish and season both sides with salt and pepper.
  • Drizzle the salmon with a mixture of 3 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice.
  • Then crust both sides of the fish with a mixture of finely chopped herbs (2 tbsp. fresh thyme, 2 tbsp. scallions, and 2 tbsp. fresh parsley).
  • Let fish marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
  • Pour 2-3 tbsp. white wine in the dish and place in a 425° oven for 12 minutes.
  • To serve, slice the fish in half and garnish with extra herbs and lemon slices.

Serves two
*Preferably coho salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment