Tuesday, August 16

Arctic Char & Tomato-Corn Relish


I recently had another excellent meal at AOC (previously reviewed here), a wine bar with great small plates. There were so many delicious-sounding things on the menu that I wasn't able to order everything I wanted, although I was very happy with my final choices. I was so inspired by some of the things on the menu that I decided to create my own version of one of their dishes, arctic char with corn and tomatoes, at home. I didn't end up trying AOC's version, but I was just as happy with my at-home rendition, which was such a fresh, satisfying dinner for the summer.

Arctic Char & Tomato-Corn Relish:
  • Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet and start sweating 1/2 of a diced red onion until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
  • Add in the kernels from 2 ears of corn, 1 pt. halved cherry tomatoes, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper.
  • Cook until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes, then stir in 1 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley, and cook 1 more minute.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. olive oil in another skillet over high heat.
  • Season both sides of two 6 oz. pieces of artic char* with salt and pepper.
  • Place fish, skin side down, in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes.
  • Flip the fish over and cook for another 1 minute, or until fish is just cooked through.
  • To serve, divide corn-tomato relish onto plates, then top with fish and sprinkle with more fresh parsley.

Serves two
*A salmon-like fish. See another recipe for it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment